“Upneeq has confirmed to be a gamechanger in our area,“ stated Dr. Raymond Douglas, M.D., PhD, a board-certified Aesthetic Reconstructive and Oculoplastic Specialist and Global Head of Scientific Affairs for RVL Pharmaceuticals. “It can work in a single or each ptotic eyes in as little as 5 minutes…”
BRIDGEWATER, N.J. (PRWEB)
April 04, 2023
RVL Pharmaceuticals introduced at the moment that its prescription eye drop Upneeq® (oxymetazoline hydrochloride ophthalmic answer), 0.1% has been chosen the winner within the skilled therapy class as “Best Eye Drop for Drooping Lids” within the NewBeauty thirteenth Annual Beauty Awards. Upneeq is FDA authorized for the therapy of acquired blepharoptosis (droopy eyelids) in adults. It is the second consecutive win for the model. Upneeq® was awarded the “Best Innovation” in 2022 by this definitive authority in magnificence. The thirteenth Annual NewBeauty Awards situation hits newsstands on April 4, 2023.
Over 10,000 merchandise had been submitted for the 2023 awards with 399 chosen. Each profitable product was confirmed to each successfully clear up an aesthetic concern and meet rigorous testing requirements by the NewBeauty editorial crew together with an impartial panel of key opinion leaders, high medical and business professionals in addition to advisors.
According to NewBeauty Features Editor, Tatiana Bido “Upneeq could not be any simpler to make use of.” She additionally known as it an prompt eyelid-lifter for ptosis or low-lying lids throughout their testing course of.
“Upneeq has confirmed to be a gamechanger in our area,“ stated Dr. Raymond Douglas, M.D., PhD, a board-certified Aesthetic Reconstructive and Oculoplastic Specialist and Global Head of Scientific Affairs for RVL Pharmaceuticals. “It can work in a single or each ptotic eyes in as little as 5 minutes giving the eyes a extra open trying look. With the drop we see a median eyelid elevation between 1 and a pair of millimeters which is actually important.”
“We are extremely proud to be acknowledged for a second 12 months by NewBeauty with this prestigious award,” stated Brian Markison, Chief Executive Officer of RVL Pharmaceuticals. “We are constructing a brand new market the place Upneeq has been an thrilling innovation for eyelids – as the primary Rx therapy for low-lying lids in adults. As we proceed to construct the model within the medical aesthetics area, this recognition from the business’s main authority is compelling and helpful validation.”
Upneeq® acquired FDA approval in July 2020 and was launched as the one non-surgical therapeutic authorized for acquired ptosis (low-lying lids) in adults. First-in-class, Upneeq® is a protected and efficient, quick appearing, each day therapy for sufferers at eye care and medical aesthetic practices nationally.
In medical trials, Upneeq® demonstrated statistically important enhancements in comparison with placebo in each superior visible area and eyelid raise, as measured in two pivotal double-masked efficacy research. The commonest antagonistic reactions with Upneeq (occurring in 1-5% of sufferers) had been eye irritation, eye redness, dry eye, blurred imaginative and prescient, eye ache at time of use, eye irritation, and headache. For extra info and for the entire Important Safety Information, go to http://www.upneeq.com
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
What is UPNEEQ?
UPNEEQ ® (oxymetazoline hydrochloride ophthalmic answer), 0.1% is a prescription eyedrop used to deal with acquired blepharoptosis (low-lying lids) in adults.What warnings and precautions are related to UPNEEQ?
- Low-lying lids could also be associated to situations akin to stroke and/or mind aneurysm, Horner syndrome, myasthenia gravis, lack of the flexibility to maneuver eye muscle groups, eye an infection and eye tumors. Tell your physician you probably have any of those situations.
- UPNEEQ is a kind of treatment that will have an effect on your blood strain. If you may have coronary heart illness, uncontrolled excessive or low blood strain, or really feel faint at relaxation or when shortly standing up, it is best to name your physician in case your signs worsen.
- Patients with diminished blood circulation to the mind or coronary heart, or sufferers who expertise eye or mouth dryness as a result of an immune system dysfunction (Sjögren’s syndrome), ought to use care when taking UPNEEQ. Call your physician instantly in the event you really feel your signs could also be getting worse.
- UPNEEQ could improve the chance of eye strain as a result of fluid buildup (angle-closure glaucoma) in sufferers with untreated narrow-angle glaucoma. Call your physician instantly in the event you really feel elevated strain in your eye after utilizing UPNEEQ.
- Do not let the tip of the UPNEEQ vial contact your eye or some other floor. This might help stop eye damage or contamination. Each UPNEEQ vial is for one-time use and needs to be discarded after getting used.
What are the most typical unwanted effects of UPNEEQ?
- The commonest antagonistic reactions with UPNEEQ (occurring in 1-5% of sufferers) had been eye irritation, eye redness, dry eye, blurred imaginative and prescient, eye ache at time of use, eye irritation, and headache.
What ought to my physician learn about earlier than prescribing me UPNEEQ?
- Your physician ought to overview your full medical historical past earlier than prescribing UPNEEQ.
- UPNEEQ belongs to a category of treatment (alpha-adrenergic agonists) that will have an effect on your blood strain. Use UPNEEQ fastidiously in the event you at the moment take an alpha-adrenergic agonist treatment to deal with coronary heart illness or an enlarged prostate. Patients taking beta-blockers, or different drugs to deal with hypertension or an irregular heartbeat, must also watch out when utilizing UPNEEQ.
- Patients who use a sure class of antidepressant treatment (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) must also watch out when utilizing UPNEEQ, as it might have an effect on the best way your physique absorbs the treatment.
These usually are not all the doable unwanted effects of UPNEEQ. Tell your physician you probably have any aspect impact that bothers you or doesn’t go away. Call your physician for medical recommendation about unwanted effects.
To report unwanted effects or product complaints, contact RVL Pharmaceuticals at 1-877-482-3788. You might also report unwanted effects to the FDA by calling 1-800-FDA-1088 or go to http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
This is a abstract of crucial security info for UPNEEQ. For extra in-depth security info, please overview the complete Prescribing Information for UPNEEQ.
About RVL Pharmaceuticals plc
RVL Pharmaceuticals plc is a specialty pharmaceutical firm targeted on the commercialization of UPNEEQ® (oxymetazoline hydrochloride ophthalmic answer), 0.1%, for the therapy of acquired blepharoptosis, or low-lying eyelid, in adults. UPNEEQ is the primary non-surgical therapy possibility authorized by the FDA for acquired blepharoptosis.
About NewBeauty / NewBeauty Awards
The extremely regarded business and shopper publication, NewBeauty is revealed by Sandow Media. NewBeauty is the final word useful resource redefining the sweetness house with its trend-driven method to content material combining authoritative specialists, training and advances in business innovation. Filled with NewBeauty editors’ trusted voices, the journal supplies an in-depth and complete take a look at new merchandise and breakthrough applied sciences with a break up status of scientifically correct expert-driven unique reporting with ethically balanced editorial sources. NewBeauty presents a highly- curated group of winners within the annual NewBeauty Awards. Product winners of the NewBeauty Awards Seal should successfully ship on their claims, clear up aesthetic considerations, and fulfill the rigorous testing technique of editors and specialists.
Disqus Shortname not set. Please check settings