By 1962 her monastic cell had fallen into destroy. For this motive a small church was constructed over the ruins devoted to the Panagia Eleousa and Venerable Methodia. Her relics had been then transferred from the Church of Saint Spyridon to a crypt within the new church.
The Ecumenical Patriarchate acknowledged the sanctity of Venerable Methodia of Kimolos on the seventeenth of June 1991 and numbered her among the many Saints of the Church to be celebrated yearly on the anniversary of her repose.
On the event of the primary celebration after her canonization on October fifth 1991, the sacred relics of Saint Methodia had been transferred to the bigger Metropolitan Church of Panagia Odegetria, whose major celebration is the feast of the Entrance of the Theotokos into the Temple on November 21. This cathedral was constructed between 1867 and 1874 by the devoted inhabitants of Kimolos. Together with the sacred relics of Saint Methodia, inside this cathedral is the fifteenth century icon of Panagia Odegetria, which has its origins both in Constantinople or Thessaloniki. Two icons on the iconostasis had been painted by the eminent iconographer Photios Kontoglou, that of Saint Eugenia and Saint George on horseback.