March 17, 2023
In this episode, Kristen speaks with Archduke Eduard Habsburg, Hungarian Ambassador to the Holy See, about his forthcoming e book The Habsburg Way.
Eduard outlines seven guidelines for a holy and joyful life, together with:
- Get Married (and have plenty of youngsters)
- Be Catholic (and follow your religion)
- Believe within the Empire (and subsidiarity)
- Die Well (and have a memorable funeral!)
We talk about a number of noteworthy figures from his ancestry, and the way every of those rules guided each their private and non-private lives.
- The recipe for a profitable Catholic marriage
- The tensions between the Faith and diplomacy
- The differing Habsburg reactions to the Reformation and the Enlightenment, and the way these affected the Church
- The precept of subsidiarity because the bedrock of governance
- How the United States and the Habsburg Empire are extra alike than you assume!
The Habsburg Way: Seven Rules for Turbulent Times is accessible for pre-order at Sophia Institute Press. It might be launched on April 17.
Disqus Shortname not set. Please check settings