One of the principal explanation why so many individuals exit the Catholic Church to enter one other faith, give into the slavery of vices and addictions, and even categorically deny the existence of God is as a result of they by no means understood probably the most elegant actuality, dignity, and excellence of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
Ironically, the largest non secular group in Europe, Latin America, the Philippines, in addition to the United States are Catholics, however this have to be underlined—non-practicing Catholics!
Statistics by no means hit the mark with exactitude, however we will surmise that 50-60 years in the past, near 80% of Catholics would attend the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass virtually each Sunday, which implies the rebellious 20% would skip out. Now, topsy turvy as this might sound, it’s the actual reverse: 20% attend Sunday Mass, whereas the opposite 80% don’t present up until it’s Christmas, Easter, or the loss of life of a cherished one.
Bishop Robert Barron has said time and time once more with nice fervor that we should do all we will to win again this technology of non-practicing Catholics. We should welcome residence the Prodigal little children, hunt down the misplaced sheep, and heal the wounded Christian troopers.
The a number of pastoral approaches to returning these misplaced and wandering souls are many. However, possibly we will begin with ourselves by learning the essence of the Mass, the components of the Mass, the fruits of Mass and Holy Communion, and thereby domesticate an actual love for Holy Mass. Then, as soon as we’re satisfied of the sublimity of Holy Mass and our hearts are burning, set on fireplace for each Mass, from that we can ignite the smoldering embers of lukewarm or non-practicing Catholics with a brand new dynamic vitality.
Why was it that the Catholic Bishops of the United States launched a 3 12 months program on the subject of Holy Mass and Holy Communion? The response couldn’t be extra apparent: all too many Catholics don’t attend Holy Mass. One of the principal causes? Put bluntly, crass ignorance of what Holy Mass is and what’s going on in Holy Mass.
Athletes will exert the entire vitality of their our bodies to win the prize. Students will burn the oil at night time to excel in teachers. The avaricious Scrooge kind will bend over backwards to pocket an additional greenback. The Romeo will expend all that he has economically, emotionally, and even poetically to win the hand of his beloved Juliet.
In a parallel sense, ought to we not exert each fiber of our being to like Holy Mass, attend Holy Mass often, and thereby obtain probably the most elegant Gift on the earth—the Lord Jesus in Holy Communion? Indeed, one Holy Communion is value greater than the entire created universe as a result of Holy Communion is God Himself—the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus, the Son of the residing God.
Hopefully these few phrases can jumpstart a few of the wandering, confused, and forlorn non-practicing Catholics. Let’s learn slowly and meditate on what a few of the saints have expressed in human phrases in regards to the elegant greatness of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass—the best Miracle beneath Heaven itself!
Of all of the women and men that we should always get to know, admire, converse to, love, and imitate, it have to be the saints. They are God’s favorites, but additionally our pricey pals.
THE LOVE OF THE SAINTS FOR THE HOLY SACRIFICE OF THE MASS
1. “When Mass is being celebrated, the sanctuary is full of numerous angels who adore the Divine Victim immolated on the altar.” (Saint John Chrysostom)
Please view the film “El Gran Milagro” or “The Greatest Miracle”. God’s angels will provide you with an exquisite tour and detailed clarification of Holy Mass. This could be seen in simply over an hour and it’s nicely value your sixty minutes. Then encourage others to see the film, particularly lukewarm Catholics.
2. “If we actually understood Mass, we’d die of pleasure.” (Saint John Vianney—the Cure of Ars) Sadness invades the soul absent of God! Joy radiates from the soul replenished with God. Emmanuel means God is with us—particularly in Mass and Holy Communion.
3. “The angels encompass and assist the priest when he’s celebrating Mass.” (Saint Augustine) Let us make a relentless and concerted effort to hope for extra vocations to the priesthood, however holy clergymen, to sanctify the individuals of God via Word and Sacrament.
4. “It could be simpler for the world to outlive with out the solar than do with out the Mass.” (Saint Padre Pio) As the solar warms our our bodies and enlightens our path, likewise, Mass and Holy Communion enlightens our minds and set our hearts ablaze with the Fire of Divine Love. Jesus got here to set the world on fireplace with the love brimming over in His Sacred Heart actually current in each Mass, however most particularly in each Holy Communion.
5. “Put all the great works on the earth towards one Holy Mass, they are going to be as a grain of sand beside a mountain.” (Saint John Vianney) Our works, prayers, and sacrifices, even performed by probably the most holy of saints, are nonetheless the works of man. However, each Mass provided, even when it have been by a sick priest in a jail cell, is the work of God. Every Mass has infinite worth and human phrases fall wanting clarification!
6. “No human tongue can enumerate the favors that hint again to the Sacrifice of the Mass. The sinner is reconciled with God; the simply man turns into extra upright; sins are wiped away; vices are uprooted; virtues and deserves improve; and the satan’s schemes are pissed off.” (Saint Lawrence Justinian) These few however poignant phrases of Saint Lawrence specific the infinite energy and efficacy of Holy Mass. In a phrase, the quickest Highway to holiness is to take part absolutely, actively, and consciously within the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
7. “The Eucharist is my Highway to Heaven.” (Blessed Carlo Acutis) Like Carlo, even youngsters can change into nice saints and rapidly, in the event that they select the Highway to Heaven—frequent and fervent Holy Communions.
8. “How glad is the Guardian Angel who accompanies a soul to Holy Mass.” (Saint John Vianney) A easy suggestion: allow us to beg our Guardian Angel for the grace to keep away from wandering eyes throughout Mass, however to have excellent recollection.
9. “When we obtain Holy Communion we expertise one thing extraordinary—a pleasure, a perfume, a well-being that thrills the entire physique and causes it to exalt.” (Saint John Vianney) How true, even our bodily physique, at occasions, experiences a real rejuvenation and revitalization upon receiving the Body of Jesus with nice love and devotion. Saint Faustina skilled a strengthening of her lungs after receiving Jesus, the Divine Physician, in Holy Communion whereas sick within the Infirmary!
10. “I imagine that have been it not for the Holy Mass as of this second the world could be within the abyss.” (Saint Leonard of Port Maurice) How true! With his arms elevated on excessive by Aaron and Hur, Moses helped the Israelites to prevail in struggle and conquer their enemies. Likewise, within the case of our current world, it’s Jesus lifted on excessive within the fingers of the priest within the Holy Eucharist within the Holy Sacrifice of Mass that saves the world from utter destruction.
Friends in Jesus and Mary, why not settle for this problem—a double problem.
First, fortify your individual religion, love, and devotion in direction of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, in addition to starvation and thirst for frequent and fervent Holy Communions. Set your hearts on fireplace for Jesus, the Bread of Life.
Second, make an effort to convey again a misplaced soul, a wandering sheep, a Prodigal Son or Daughter each month. Meaning the problem is to intention at bringing again twelve misplaced souls a 12 months! Beg for this grace! Once once more allow us to fill to the brim our Catholic Churches with souls on fireplace with love for our Eucharistic Lord! This shall be, within the phrases of Blessed Carlo Acutis, their Highway to Heaven. May Our Lady who stated YES to God and acquired the Incarnate Word in her most pure womb, inspire us to maneuver in haste to convey others to our Eucharistic Lord in our nice love for God!
Disqus Shortname not set. Please check settings