Messaging apps are ubiquitous – greater than 3.6 billion other people international use them, with the common particular person sending as much as 72 messages each 24 hours. Each day WhatsApp on my own channels over 100 billion messages, whilst WeChat transmits 205 million video messages.
With this recognition has come a darker aspect: that of hacked non-public knowledge, cyber robbery, and executive violations of privateness. The way in which messaging apps are designed, paintings, and are controlled exposes them by way of default to many dangers:
- Maximum messaging apps require the person to enter delicate non-public knowledge, together with identify, telephone quantity, and date of start.
- WhatsApp, because of its database of person telephone numbers, has been used to unfold incorrect information and pretend information.
- Your messaging knowledge is saved at the cloud, the place it isn’t encrypted – leaving it susceptible to being hacked.
- Many apps use your own knowledge for their very own functions. Fb is understood to percentage the information of Fb Messenger and WhatsApp customers with advertisers..
- World surveillance operations of voters with WhatsApp accounts were undertaken by way of governments by means of using spy ware.
A up to date collection of high-profile occasions have highlighted the dimensions and frequency of the issue:
Moreover, more recent messaging platforms don’t seem to be addressing the issue successfully. Sign, regarded as to be a awesome selection to each WhatsApp and Telegram, nonetheless makes use of cloud-based structure and permits messages to non-users which might be non-encrypted.
An actual and viable answer might as a substitute be discovered within the energy of Blockchain era. A group of Lithuanian communique era mavens has just lately evolved an answer that in particular removes all of the issues of worldwide messaging platforms. This answer is named Secretum.
Secretum is the sector’s first and simplest decentralised, encrypted messaging app, constructed at the Solana Blockchain. It provides customers a protected, hassle-free, and direct messaging platform, revolving round primary technological benefits:
- No servers, no moderators, and entire end-to-end encryption for all messages between customers.
- No message knowledge or document garage in a centralised location or at the cloud – simplest on depended on and independently verified nodes within the Secretum community.
- Customers can enroll completely with their crypto pockets addresses. No wish to percentage names, birthdates, or some other delicate knowledge – in different phrases, general anonymity.
Along with those benefits as a messaging app, Secretum permits customers to business P2P fungible and non-fungible crypto belongings in an economical means, bypassing current exchanges. Solana, regarded as the quickest Blockchain on this planet, permits Secretum to leverage low gasoline charges and excessive block speeds, becoming a member of a a hit crypto ecosystem with 400+ tasks international.
The result’s an app that vastly adjustments the way in which other people be in contact by means of immediate messaging, making it more secure, extra dependable, and extra user-friendly than ever earlier than. Secretum has the prospective to develop right into a globally identified, famend, and used platform – attaining the ubiquity of WhatsApp or Telegram, simplest with none in their primary weaknesses.