Group makes vital adjustments to its administration committee because it prepares to launch a brand new strategic plan
Thomas Buberl, CEO of AXA, emphasised the pivotal nature of 2023 as the present plan, Driving Progress, concludes and a brand new strategic cycle begins. In a release, Buberl thanked Georges Desvaux, Antimo Perretta, and Gordon Watson, who shall be stepping down from AXA’s administration committee, for his or her roles within the group’s transformation.
The reshuffling contains adjustments in key geographies and central capabilities throughout the firm.
- Patrick Cohen, CEO of AXA France and member of the administration committee, will assume the position of CEO of European markets and well being. In addition to overseeing European entities, Cohen will set up and develop a brand new enterprise unit devoted to the acceleration of AXA’s worldwide well being operations.
- Guillaume Borie, deputy CEO of AXA France, will tackle the place of CEO of AXA France and be part of the administration committee.
- Hassan El-Shabrawishi, at present CEO of AXA Africa, will develop into the CEO of worldwide markets, accountable for AXA’s operations in Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, Turkey, India, and South-East Asia.
Read subsequent: AXA Climate extends partnership with satellite data provider
The insurer additionally outlined structural adjustments relating to AXA Japan and AXA Greater China. These entities will report on to George Stansfield, group deputy CEO and normal secretary. Meanwhile, Gordon Watson will assume the position of non-executive chairman for Asia.
Buberl expressed confidence within the new appointments, stating that Cohen’s management and Borie’s expertise make them perfect candidates for his or her respective roles. Buberl additionally recommended El-Shabrawishi for his profitable management in Egypt and Africa.
The administration committee will see extra appointments in central capabilities.
- Nancy Bewlay, at present CEO of AXA XL Reinsurance, will assume the position of chief underwriting officer for the group.
- Françoise Gilles, chief strategic improvement officer for AXA Asia, will develop into the group chief danger officer.
- Anu Venkataraman, at present group head of investor relations, will tackle the place of chief technique officer for the group along with her current position.
- Renaud Guidée, the group chief danger officer, will transition into the position of CEO of AXA XL Reinsurance, succeeding Nancy Bewlay. Guidée will report back to Scott Gunter, CEO of AXA XL, and also will develop into a member of AXA’s administration committee.
The revised administration committee, led by Buberl, is ready to start on July 1st.
Have one thing to say about this story? Let us know within the feedback beneath.
Keep up with the most recent information and occasions
Join our mailing record, it’s free!