The accredited, state-of-the-art Dolphin Bay in Atlantis Aquaventure at the moment introduces three new no-contact programmes to its providing. These experiences invite friends to take part up shut within the each day enrichment and coaching classes of the pod of Indo-Pacific bottlenose dolphins, in addition to encourage and educate friends to do extra to guard all marine life and our oceans.
Supporting the enrichment programming for the dolphins, the three new no-contact experiences embody Dolphin Kayak, Dolphin Paddle and Dolphin Sunrise, in addition to an replace to the present programmes to incorporate additional engagement alternatives while sustaining the best animal welfare requirements. Atlantis Aquaventure, dwelling to The Lost Chambers Aquarium, Dolphin Bay and Sea Lion Point, is the primary vacation spot within the Middle East to attain accreditation from the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA), the internationally recognised gold normal in animal care and welfare. This was adopted by membership from the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA) in 2021, which brings collectively world-class zoos and aquariums, associations, in addition to main wildlife specialists, academies, and universities, to encourage the best requirements for world animal welfare.
The function of Dolphin Bay is to coach each single visitor on how altering their day-to-day actions will help shield our oceans and the native atmosphere. After actively collaborating within the enrichment programming for our pod, friends will go away with a greater understanding of dolphins and really feel impressed to do their half to guard all marine life, corresponding to lowering plastic of their each day life or guaranteeing the fish they eat are sustainably sourced.
In addition, for each visitor who experiences a programme at Dolphin Bay, Atlantis contributes 1 USD into partnerships that drive conservation and sustainability domestically and internationally. In 2022, this resulted in a $120,000 (USD) funding fund, which continues to help 9 UAE-based tasks to assist shield the ocean and the atmosphere.
During the brand new no-contact experiences, friends can study extra in regards to the dolphins’ pure behaviours whereas collaborating within the following enrichment programming:
- Dolphin Kayak – The solely kayak with dolphins expertise within the UAE, friends will enter the water in a double or single kayak and watch because the naturally curious dolphins swim by within the tranquil setting of the lagoon.
- Dolphin Paddle – Guests can loosen up the thoughts and physique as they paddle across the lagoon alongside the playful resident dolphins. This is the one arise paddleboard with dolphins exercise out there within the UAE.
- Dolphin Sunrise – Available to in-house friends solely, early risers are invited to stroll into the shallow a part of the lagoon with a marine mammal specialist and be part of the dolphins of their each day morning routine.
The following programmes have additionally been improved, providing friends unforgettable, instructional experiences to attach with these magnificent marine animals:
- Dolphin Encounter – In this shallow, waist-deep water expertise, friends will be part of marine mammal specialists to stand up shut and meet the resident dolphins whereas studying extra about their distinctive biology and pure behaviours.
- Dolphin Swim – A one-of-a-kind expertise with an thrilling aspect of snorkeling within the deeper a part of the lagoon, friends can witness first-hand because the dolphins work together and talk underwater.
- Dolphin Meet & Greet – Guests can meet a dolphin from the sting of the lagoon as they study their attention-grabbing behaviours and the way they will help shield the oceans.
- Dolphin Specialist – A novel behind-the-scenes marine training programme, the place youngsters can be part of our group of specialists and learn the way we handle these animals.
“Dolphin Bay is on a journey to make sure all the pieces we do enriches the lives of our marine animals, helps our ongoing conservation efforts and gives enjoyable, however most significantly, instructional experiences for friends. We are so excited to introduce the brand new experiences which additional contribute to friends constructing a life-long appreciation for marine life and a want to guard their pure habitats,” mentioned Kelly Timmins, Director of Marine Animal Operations and Sustainability, Atlantis Dubai. “Guests can expertise the dolphins’ excessive vitality behaviors, hear their distinctive vocalizations, and revel in up-close encounters to attach with these unbelievable animals in a significant and academic manner.”
As a part of its sustainability and conservation initiatives, Atlantis established a collaborative partnership known as the Dubai Dolphin Survey in 2021, which brings collectively the experience from Zayed University, the UAE Dolphin Project Initiative and F3 Marine, and has since been gathering scientific baseline details about the native dolphin inhabitants off the coast of Dubai. In the primary 12 months of the challenge, the group spent greater than 270 hours implementing 60 boat surveys, spanning a distance of 5,444km alongside the UAE shoreline. This resulted in 11,043 pictures taken – and dolphins noticed 18 occasions. The Dubai Dolphin Survey is presently underway for 2022-23.
To study extra about Dolphin Bay or to guide an expertise, go to https://www.atlantis.com/dubai/atlantis-aquaventure/atlas-village.
The put up ATLANTIS AQUAVENTURE’S DOLPHIN BAY INTRODUCES THREE NEW NO-CONTACT PROGRAMMES appeared first on Hotel News ME.